Hello, This Free content is accessible to registered Free members who are logged in.
Updated Motivational Interviewing with Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D.: Evidence-Based Skills to Motivate Clients Toward Change
Home Study 24/7
Rent It Access:
- Get the New MI from Co-Founder & Author of the Motivational Interviewing-Helping People Change 3rd Edition
- The New 4-Process framework
- Proven methods for anxiety, addictions, depression, medication adherence & health behavior changes
- Create change in your clients – no matter your work setting!
Join Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D., the foremost expert on Motivational Interviewing (MI) and be prepared to use this evidence-based approach to improve treatment outcomes. You will learn the latest developments & cutting-edge MI Skills from the co-founder & author of the newly updated essential text Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change 3rd edition. Discover how to effectively enhance motivation to change clients who are reluctant and ambivalent. MI can be used briefly, over a few sessions or integrated into most forms of therapy or counseling in the treatment of depression, addiction, anxiety and chronic diseases.
Dr. Rollnick has trained practitioners in diverse settings and cultures throughout the world for over 25 years. This seminar provides an update on the latest developments within a fast-growing field. It will combine lecture, small group discussion and demonstrations.
- Updated MI – the latest developments from the co-founder of MI
- Recognize resistance and shift your style to produce better client outcomes
- Client motivation has a momentum that you can tap into
- Learn the skill and power in listening to change talk
- Learn to trust, recognize and work skillfully with the language used by clients
Motivational Interviewing-3rd Edition
- New 4-process framework
- MI in goal setting and change planning
- From “behavior change” to change
Behavior Change and Motivational Interviewing
- The principles of MI are universal
Integrating Motivational Interviewing in Your Practice
- MI complementing any therapeutic orientation
- The language you and the client use makes a big difference!
- Addressing motivational problems in:
- Medication adherence
- Health behavior changes
The Traps that Prevent Change
- Observe the traps
- Apply MI skills to avoid traps
- The “Righting Reflex”
Learning Motivational Interviewing
- The spirit
- Change talk & sustain talk
Core Skills of Motivational Interviewing
- Listening—MI Style
- The focus on change talk
- Motivational Interviewing and communication styles
- Apply the New 4-Process Framework to your clinical practice.
- Utilize the style underlying motivational interviewing to impact client change.
- Clarify questions designed to explore ambivalence about change.
- Recognize the limitations of the righting reflex and other traps to avoid when promoting change.
- Define ambivalence and how best to respond to it.
- Describe and recognize change language and how listening promotes change.
- Summarize how motivational interviewing is linked to efforts to promote change in a variety of mental health settings.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- Co-author, with William R. Miller, of key texts on motivational interviewing, including the recently published Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change 3rd Edition.
- 25 years’ experience working with therapists and practitioners across the globe.
- Co-founder and leading member of the international Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT).
- Clinical expertise in addiction, panic and anxiety, HIV-AIDS, chronic illness and depression.
Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D. is on the faculty in the Department of Primary Care & Public Health at Cardiff University, Wales. He has also worked for many years as a clinical psychologist in the British National Health Service. With a background in the addiction field, his interest turned to consultations about behavior change in wider mental health & healthcare practice, where practitioners try to encourage clients to change their lifestyle and use of medication. Dr. Rollnick’s research and teaching activity is now focused on the behavior of practitioners and other topics. He has trained practitioners in many countries and continents, and has published a wide range of research papers, articles and books.
Click to order the book, Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd Edition
Click to order the book, Motivational Interviewing in The Treatment of Psychological Problems
Click to order the book, Motivational Interviewing in Groups
Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, and other Mental Health Professionals
PESI Inc. would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at 800-844-8260.